Talmage Boston has practiced law as a commercial trial and appellate litigator in Dallas, Texas, since 1978. He has been board certified in Civil Trial Law since 1988, as well as board certified in Civil Appellate Law since 1990, by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Since 1997, he’s been a shareholder at Winstead PC. He has been recognized in Texas Monthly as a “Texas Super Lawyer” every year from 2003-2013. He has also been recognized among the "Best Lawyers in America," and "Top 100 Attorneys in Dallas/Fort Worth Region."
A leader of both the State Bar of Texas and the Dallas Bar Association, Talmage has served as a State Bar of Texas director, as well as chair of the State Bar Litigation Section, Council of Chairs, and Annual Meeting Planning Committee. He has also served as the Dallas Bar Association advisory director and chair of the Dallas Bar’s Business Litigation Section. For his service, he received Presidential Citations from State Bar of Texas presidents every year from 2005 to 2011, and from the Dallas Bar Association president in 2009.
In addition to maintaining his full-time law practice, Talmage has written Raising the Bar: The Crucial Role of the Lawyer in Society (TexasBarBooks 2012), which includes a foreward by Dick Thornburgh, former Attorney General of the United States under Presidents Reagan and Bush, and dust jacket endorsements from former U.S. Secretary of State James A. Baker III; former Texas Supreme Court Chief Justice Wallace Jefferson; CNN Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin; Baylor University President Ken Starr; and lawyer turned best-selling novelist Richard North Patterson.
Talmage has also written two critically acclaimed baseball history books, 1939: Baseball’s Tipping Point (foreword by John Grisham, Bright Sky Press, 2005) and Baseball and the Baby Boomer (foreword by Frank DeFord, Bright Sky Press, 2009), and has been inducted into the Texas Baseball Hall of Fame as a Media Member.
In recent years, Talmage has become one of the best known onstage public interviewers in Dallas, conducting interviews in front of large audiences with the likes of Henry Kissinger, David McCullough, Michael Lewis, Ken Burns, Douglas Brinkley, Jeffrey Toobin, Richard North Patterson, Frank Deford, and Tom Seaver.
Talmage’s articles and editorials on legal issues have appeared in The National Law Journal, Texas Lawyer, Dallas Morning News, and Dallas Business Journal.
Talmage and his wife Claire live in Dallas, Texas, and have a son and a daughter. Talmage can be contacted at 214.745.5462 or email@example.com.
Past Speaking Engagements
In the last few years, Talmage has been a Legal Keynote Speaker at:
- State Bar Conventions of Nebraska, Arkansas, New Hampshire and Kentucky
- State Bar of Texas - Annual Meeting, Litigation Update Institute, Advanced Civil Trial Seminar
- Association of Life Insurance Counsel-Amelia Island, Florida
- Dallas Bar Association, frequent speaker at various events
- ExxonMobil Legal Department - Fairfax, Virginia & Houston, Texas
- Walmart Legal Department - Bentonville, Arkansas
- Southern Methodist University: Cox School of Business and Dedman School of Law - Dallas, Texas
- Baylor Law School - Waco, Texas; SMU Law School - Dallas, Texas; University of Texas Law School - Austin, Texas
- PartnerSource - Nonsubscription Employers Conference
- Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons' Annual Law Firm Retreat
- JPMorgan Chase Annual Meeting of Commercial Bankers
- National Baseball Hall of Fame - Cooperstown, New York
- The Great Fenway Park Writers Series - Boston, Massachusetts
- St. Louis Cardinals Legends Camp - Jupiter, Florida
- The Denver Forum - Denver, Colorado
- Princeton University - Princeton, New Jersey
- Dallas Theater Center Guild - Dallas, Texas
- The Museum of Fine Arts - Houston, Texas